Tuesday, February 8, 2011

A Winter Tea Party

Ever since I visited the East Coast during the summer of 2009, I've fallen in love with tea, tea cups and tea parties.  Thanks, of course, to my lovely cousins and aunties who introduced me to such a time-honored tradition.  I decided that a winter wonderland tea party would be the perfect way to celebrate the Christmas with my best gals.  

I bought each of my guests a tea cup/plate from Ikea and personalized them with Tiffany blue paint.  Each tea cup was unique to the individual it was made for.  The napkins were enclosed by a sparkly blue paper strip & sparkly white heart.  Instead of spending money on a set of expensive plates, I just bought these pearl white plastic dinner plates from Party City for less than $10.  The bows on the back of each chair were created by my lovely momma who is pretty much a pro at bow-making and gladly added her personal touch to my table setting.  I hung tool from the ceilings along with hand-made snowflakes (made the way I was taught in elementary school :) ) and draped it with silver pearls.  Thank you to my daddy for being my assistant in this hanging process.  Pine cones and ornaments of varying blues made for the center piece. 

The tea cup that doesn't match the rest is a lovely gift my Auntie Jane gave to me to commemorate my very first tea party.  My guests and I enjoyed peppermint tea from Teavana and treats made by each of the gals.  Oh, I can't forget to mention the presence of wine glasses...We love our Stella Rosa :)



Sending you lots of sunshine, Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment