Monday, February 14, 2011

Embroidery hoop decor.

Another simple & creative gift to make!  I got this idea for a decorative embroidery hoop from one of my favorite blogs: Under the Sycamore.  You can find this project and others here.  You can purchase embroidery hoops and string at a low price at Michaels.  What's great about this project is that most of the supplies you need may already be lying around your house.  For instance, these scraps of material have been sitting in my sewing box for awhile now.  A great place to shop for material is Joann's Fabrics.  They always have a bin of scrap pieces ranging from half a yard upwards.  


Here are two that I made last night.  I attached strips of fabrics to the hoops with hot glue so they can be hung easily.  A lot of the fabric I just glued on, such as the hearts and flower.  The ribbon I kept down by embroidering in a criss-cross fashion across its length.  To make embroidering "love" a little easier I wrote it out on the fabric with permanent marker first.  It may be cheating but it makes it a lot easier to embroider!  I finished by gluing a string of small pearls around the edge of the loop. 


I'm spending the afternoon baking Valentines day treats & crafting embroidery hoops so I'll be posting more pictures as soon as I finish.  Happy crafting loves! 


Sending you lots of sunshine,
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment