Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Ecosytem Planner turned eco chic.


It's 2011, which means a new year and new things to look forward to.  To keep track of all my activities I bought myself this cute Ecosystem planner.  As an environmentally conscious individual, I adore anything made from recycled products.  

I thought the plain black cover of my new planner to be a wee bit boring so I decided to use some scrap material and ribbon to spruce it up a bit.  I used Mod Podge Matte, which can be purchased at Michaels, to glue the material to the cover of the planner.  It's a thick glue that can be applied with a paint brush to hold many different materials and textures together.  


I then used hot glue to place ribbon over the original elastic binding.  The hot glue didn't hold very well and created a ripply effect but I found that this minor nuisance gave the overall appearance a little character.  Besides, you can only notice the ripples when the planner is opened.  I added a flower embellishment to the ribbon-covered elastic as well. 


To bookmark the current page, I used a paper clip to which I added another flower.  


Here's to pretty planning! 

Sending you lots of sunshine
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment